Reporting Continuing Education Credits

All licensees required to earn continuing education credits must complete and submit the appropriate documentation as detailed below.

For All Licensees, a copy of the Continuing Education Report Form must be submitted for each continuing education program completed.

It is the responsibility of the licensed social worker to maintain adequate continuing education records and to report contact hours to the Board as set forth in the appropriate license section of the Professional Manual.

  • Records may be submitted at any time during the two-year licensing period; or, at the time of license renewal.
  • Special provisions apply to regular and temporary licensed social workers as set forth within the Professional Manual.
  • Licensees may only claim number of hours of actual attendance for any program.

Do not duplicate records. Report each approved program you attend only once on the appropriate form.

Do NOT mail certificates to the Board unless specifically requested by the Board for auditing purposes.

Get Adobe ReaderContinuing Education Report Form (PDF)


Completed forms must be mailed or faxed to the Board office:

(Please do not mail AND fax, as this results in duplication of records.)

WV Board of Social Work
PO Box 5459
Charleston, WV 25361

Fax: (304) 400-4976